chet
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Portugese tarts from Portugal
This just came in from my brother who is in Lisbon right now....looks nice! I did a bit of research (all of five minutes) and fount this Wikipedia entry - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastel_de_nata. It's called "Pastel de Nata" over there.

chet
chet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They do look very nice. I'll have to try them one day.
And Fedex some to me!
David mms-ed a pic to me, said eating a real Portugese Egg Tart in Portugal was the best ones he had ever eaten! Crispy all round and not oily at all!
P.S. Found out from Datin Lim that Portugese Egg Tarts have those burnt bits on top because they have cheese on the tops. Now thats education for me.
Ahem - I think its 'Pastel de Belém' here in this shop, and this place is the first shop to sell it... crispy all round!
.d
Post a Comment